THE Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (ACCORD) blood pressure (BP) trial investigated the effect of intensive antihypertensive treatment.
Dr John Dowden
THE Translating Research into Practice for Postpartum Depression trial was a study in 28 American general practices looking at postpartum depression.
QUESTION: Is there evidence to confirm that patients who adhere to drug therapy live longer?
A STUDY of more than 30,000 patients with hypertension in London found almost half of them were not being treated according to guidelines.
RESEARCHERS in Sydney have investigated why patients do not adhere to prescribed treatments.
- Variation in prescribing for COPD
- Vagaries of disease detection revealed
- Persistent pain’s slow recovery
- Is antibiotic use overestimated?
- Steps for conquering C. difficile
- Opinions on continuity of care
- Patients in denial of hypertension
- HIV and circumcision
- Putting pressure on venous ulcers
- Beneath the symptom iceberg
- Intensive GP care cuts cardiac risk factors
- Effects of fish oil on cognitive function
- Testosterone treatment on the rise
- Access to primary care saves lives
- Establishing causes of insomnia
- Gestational diabetes mellitus follow-up
- Intranasal corticosteroids and acute sinusitis
- Unexplained symptoms and depression/anxiety
- Putting use of PPIs in perspective
- Predicting prostate cancer
- Do statins prevent pneumonia?
- Good partnerships key for palliative care
- Choosing appropriate tests for heart failure
- Therapeutic Guidelines in the wild
- Mental health and physical illness
- Risky business in the figures
- Efficacy of antidepressants in fibromyalgia
- Uptake of CHADS2 to guide use of warfarin
- Managing the pain of fibromyalgia
- Patients satisfied with after hours
- Mercury falling
- Stroke patients to bypass GPs
- Anti-angina aims
- Digital record no better in diabetes
- Searching for answers is acceptable
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures
- ‘Do not resuscitate’ a discussion worth having
- Stroke prediction tool not as simple as ABC
- Improving referral processes for outpatients
- Sticking it to frequent attendees
- Tea and coffee reduce MRSA
- Emotional impact of screening
- Glucose monitoring may not be cost effective
- An overview of IBS symptoms and treatment
- Strategies for reducing stroke risk
- Manage back pain with activity and analgesia
- Structured testing may aid diabetes control
- Dealing with the effects of stress or disaster
- Secretly seeking suicidal thoughts
- Patients may look to Internet first
- Flu shots for aged care workers?
- Disaster devastating for diabetes care
- Preparing for an emergency