ANTIBIOTIC resistance is a real threat.
Dr Bernie Hudson
CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (CMV) is a human viral pathogen belonging to the herpes virus family.
MALDI-TOF has revolutionised microbe identification.
Kingella kingae exposure in day care centres may lead to invasive disease.
Vibrio species are the classic human pathogens found in brackish and salt water.
- Fresh water exposure: skin and soft tissue infections
- Blood cultures - unusual and fastidious organisms
- Blood cultures and diagnosis
- Serology – an overview
- Testing times in diagnosis of unusual infections
- Asymptomatic returned traveller
- Diagnosing herpes in CSF
- Reactivation of infections
- Timing meningitis testing
- Skin lesions seen in tourists
- Identifying infections faster
- Modern malaria diagnosis
- Respiratory virus detectives
- Testing times for C. difficile
- A spotlight on spotted fever
- Bacterial gene sequencing
- Scoring pneumonia severity
- New approaches to molecular STI testing