NEW data on children’s sleep may aid parental understanding of what is ‘normal’ at various ages.
Professor Dominic Fitzgerald
THIS Update discusses the presentation of neuromuscular disorders in children. Sleep, respiratory and spinal complications, as well as their management, are outlined.
MULTIPLE bruising in children should warrant further investigations.
THIS Update covers the practices and problems involved in infant and toddler feeding.
UNFOUNDED parental concern about vaccines needs sober, scientific rebuttal.
- Examining the young infant – Part one
- Correcting cleft lip/palate
- Hydration in bronchiolitis
- Exploring adolescent issues
- Economics of cystic fibrosis
- When it’s hard to breathe
- Antibiotic decision-making
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome
- Consider alternative therapies
- Babies’ growth trajectory
- Taking on obesity in kids
- Children exposed to cigarette smoke in cars
- Ask about snoring in preschoolers
- Weighing up the risks and benefits of CT scans in kids
- Nature vs nurture: sleep disturbance in infancy
- Measles, mumps and rubella infections
- The impact of gender on premature birth outcomes
- Battery-related presentations to the emergency department
- Infant sleep and maternal caffeine consumption
- Treatment of chest infections
- Orthopaedic problems in children
- Public versus private life
- Paediatric admissions rising
- Respiratory function in neuromuscular disorders
- To treat or not to treat?
- Lung function over the life cycle
- Is a fever always bad?
- Varicella zoster in children
- Airway problems and trisomy 21
- Ethnic variation in premmies
- Opportunities for prevention
- The child with difficult to manage asthma
- Influenza vaccination in kids
- Causes of chronic cough
- Night sweats in children
- Be alert for CAM use in kids
- The need for surveillance
- The cost of saving smaller lives
- Jaundice in early infancy
- Can we stop teen smoking?
- Minimising risk of drowning
- Cyberbullying’s silent victims
- The male circumcision debate
- Down syndrome heart defects
- Moving on: tips for smoothing the transition to adult care
- Childhood absence epilepsy
- The art of healthy creativity
- Recurrent UTIs and long-term antibiotics
- Parental concerns about vaccines
- Online medical information hit and miss
- Do obese children die prematurely?
- Modifiable risk factors for atopy
- What are normal sleep patterns for babies and young children?
- Treatment of viral-induced wheeze