THE Victorian government is continuing to oppose safe injecting rooms despite the peak doctors’ lobby group campaigning for change.
The following articles have the tag overdose
PATIENTS with rheumatoid arthritis are at an elevated risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE), according to a large prospective population-based cohort study.
THE Victorian government is continuing to oppose safe injecting rooms despite the peak doctors' lobby group campaigning for change.
A DRUGS awareness group is calling for Narcan to be made available to non-medical people like family and friends of opioid users in a bid to curb overdoses.
AUSTRALIA'S first program aimed at reducing heroin overdose mortality by using naloxone in the community has been given the green light.
PEOPLE who regularly take higher than the recommended dose of paracetamol over a period of time to relieve pain could be at increased risk of dying than those who take a one-off overdose, researchers warn.
VICTORIAN Premier Ted Baillieu refuses to approve the state's first heroin injecting centre because he doesn't want to be seen as soft on drugs, a key drugs policy adviser says. Yarra councillors voted 6-1 on Tuesday night for an injecting room to tackle drug-related problems in the inner Melbourne suburb of Richmond. Mr Baillieu insists his Government won't sanction the establishment of an injection room along the lines of the Sydney facility that has operated in Kings Cross for 10 years. "I recognise there's a problem and it's one of the reasons why we want to ...
A PUBLIC "overdose" of homeopathy products will take place in Melbourne this weekend as a statement against the use of homeopathic products. The Melbourne event is part the international 10.23 Campaign, which will see people in more than 25 countries publicly "overdose" on entire bottles of homeopathic pills. "We intend to show that there is a growing feeling around the world that enough time and money has been wasted on homeopathic remedies," event coordinator Michael Marshall from Merseyside Skeptics in the UK said. "In the 200 years these treatments have existed, there has never been anything ...
THE coroner presiding over an inquest into the fatal overdose of a Queensland man has reproached his former GP for failing to ensure his ex-patient destroyed an unused authority prescription. But the AMA has argued that the coroner’s suggestion that Dr Graham Michael, of Toowoomba, should have notified Medicare or the patient’s new GP of the outstanding script was impractical. On 20 November 2007, Travis Graham was prescribed Seroquel (quetiapine) by Dr Michael but six days later he was admitted to hospital after overdosing on the medication, in combination with other drugs and alcohol. He returned ...